Vision Mission & Values
To be a Christ centred Church family, growing in maturity as we know Christ and the power of the gospel. Christ’s love compels us to loving service of God, one another, Beecroft and the rest of the world.
OUR MISSION IN CHRIST
Know – Know Christ the power of God for the salvation of all who will believe.
Love – Loved by God for a life of Love.
Love our church family as we encourage one another in Christ.
Love the community of Beecroft, the city of Sydney, indeed all of God’s World as we share the Hope of Jesus.
Grow – Grow in our knowledge and love of Christ
Grow in Spiritual Maturity to be the disciples of Christ, God wants us to be.
Serve – Serve God and one another in Worship, Witness and Work.
OUR BIBLICAL CORE VALUES
1. We are committed to clear, Christ-centred Teaching from God’s Word, the Bible, that leads to trusting in Jesus as Saviour and obeying Him as Lord. (2 Timothy 3:16)
2. We are committed to prayer, as we recognise God’s rule over all things and we seek to pray according to His will. Prayer is a priority in all our gatherings. (Ephesians 6:18)
3. We are committed to godly leadership carried out by mature Christians as witnessed in their character, conviction, compassion and competence (1 Tim. 3:1-13). Following the example of Jesus our leaders are to selflessly teach, encourage and guide those in their care. (John 10:11)
4. We are committed to spiritual growth and seek to encourage one another to grow in Christian maturityin everything that we do. We value a personal relationship with God and encourage daily prayer and Bible reading. (2 Peter 1:5-9)
5. We are committed to sharing our faith and through evangelism seek to connect those outside the Church with the person and claims of Jesus. Locally and globally, individually and corporately, we will engage in the work of presenting the Lord Jesus to a lost and broken world. (1 Peter 3:15)
6. We are committed to gospel mission in Australia and overseas; and seek to raise congregational awareness of missions and to encourage prayer and support. (Philippians 4:14-20)
7. We are committed to practical love demonstrated by the sacrificial love of Christ, who gave himself for us. This practical love is shown through fellowship, visitation, hospitality and helping one another. We are committed to sharing our lives and homes with each other to show love and build each other up in our faith. (1 John 4:7-12)
8. We are committed to meeting together both on Sundays and in small groups through the week for worship, Bible teaching, prayer, fellowship, encouragement and ministry to one another. (Hebrews 10:25)
9. We are committed to our Church Family. Brothers and Sisters in Christ from all ages and backgrounds loving, serving, teaching, encouraging and admonishing, as we worship together. (Titus 2:1-15)
10. We are committed to training and equipping all Christians to develop their own spiritual maturity, so that they can encourage and equip others; and share and defend their faith. (Ephesians 4:11-13)
As part of the Presbyterian Church of Australia, our full and formal confession of faith is the Westminster Confession of Faith (1647) read in the light of a Declaratory Statement (1901). We’re thankful for this great summary of biblical truth that our ancestors made generations ago. All of our elders are committed to it, and are always happy to talk through what the Bible says about God, about the world, about us, and especially about Jesus.